The Speech-language pathologists (SLPs) at HealthPRO Pediatrics work to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders in children ages 0-21. SLPs work to help children express their wants and needs independently, increase speech intelligibility when breakdowns occur, understand as well as follow directions and routines, and strengthen oral motor muscles used in articulation and feeding. SLPs may also work with parents or caregivers to provide training and education as well as work collaboratively with professionals from other disciplines.
Our Speech Therapists believe in play-based and natural interventions to work with you and your child on:
- Expressive Language
- Receptive Language
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Articulation and Phonological Processes
- Late Talkers
- Preschool Language Disorders
- Language Therapy for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities (Reading, Spelling, Writing)
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech and Dysarthria
- Selective Mutism
- Pragmatic Language Disorders and Social Skills
- Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders
The therapist may also identify potential areas of concern and consult with other medical or school professionals about the areas of concern or the child’s service plan.